Monday, June 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home - Final Thoughts on Central Asia Trip

The team has been home for about 48 hours and I'm sure the rest of the team is settling back into the normalcy and routine of everyday life. Chuck is back behind the wheel of his UPS truck, I'm helping my patients get better, Greg is in his office tackling his next project, Leigh is preparing to complete her Master's Degree, and Jessica is packing up to move to Louisiana and start her new job as a PTA. As we all move forward with our lives, we can look back at this past week and know that we have made an eternal difference in the lives of many Turks. We have also grown closer together and will always share an unbreakable bond that was created during our time spent working in Central Asia.

As I returned home this evening from swimming lessons for Benjamin and Emmalee, I told my wife, Deborah, that I was already missing Istanbul and the people we had come to know. I found myself thinking about what I had been doing this time one week ago, and longing to be back there again. My wife said, "Lee, you definitely have a passion for the work you did over there." She is right. I love the city, I love the food, I love the work, and I love the people. The Lord has developed in me a passion for the Turks that is beyond my ability to fully comprehend. There is so much beauty, kindness, and generosity among the Turks. But unfortunately there is also a sense of hopelessness, darkness, and despair that comes from not having access to the way, the truth, and the life. There is a great need for many more workers to visit Central Asia and continue to sew seeds of truth that will reap an eternal harvest. Again, many thanks to everyone that supported our trip. Please feel free to ask me or any of the team members if you have any questions regarding our trip and adventures in Central Asia. Until we return to Turkey, may the Lord bless you and make His face shine upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment